Friday, November 30, 2018

November 2018

Scrrreeching in on the last day. It has been a full month. I'm happy to say that I've been able to sew and quilt and also enjoy some online fabric shopping :-)
Diamond Dash is a gift to newlyweds and I quilted it with a pantograph called Baroque Hearts. I used a neutral thread for the top and Rainbows variegated for the bobbin. This quilt pattern is from Missouri Star Quilt Company and my use of it was inspired by Vickie at  Vicki's Crafts and Quilting. Thank you, Vickie!

The backing looks a little purple here but is actually a dark turquoise blue.

Next, I finished sewing the batik blocks (with the cut off flying geese!) and quilted a watery looking pantograph with more Rainbows variegated.
This lovely is for me :-) as I love the colors in these fabrics!





The backing is a beautiful fabric from Edyta Sitar.
My sister purchased this quilt kit for me a couple of years ago at PIQF.  I remember being thrilled by these fabrics.  It is a poignant memory for me now as we purchased this from Morning Star Quilts.  I think their store had already closed but I think they were to continue at quilt shows.  They are located in Paradise, California though and so I don't know what fate their business has suffered in a community so tragically destroyed by fire.  California has been hit so hard this year, it is too much to take in.  And that along with the devastating storms and flooding on the eastern part of the country.  
So with so many opportunities to reach out and help, I hope we are all finding our ways to support, comfort and pray.  I will do another post to share some wonderful efforts going on where we can join in. 
So back to stitching....my DH likes a refrigerator towel...so much that I keep have to making them when I can't cheat and find them sold somewhere. It started with a purchased Kiblan the Cat towel long ago.  The towel wore out so I used the top over and sewed a new towel in.  This wore out and the top looked bad so I finally copied it and sewed another...and a back up. 
A perhaps silly, simple project that is making him quite happy.
I didn't take pictures but also made a heroic effort replacing a zipper in his Patagonia jacket. Not for the faint at heart! 
I hope you all enjoyed a sweet Thanksgiving. 
More later...I'll be back sooner than usual. 

I'm linking to Confessions of a Fabric Addict and to Busy Hands Quilts and What a Hoot:TGIFF.

2 comments:

  1. Great finishes, and nice choices on the quilting. I'm with you on the colors of your "keeper" quilt.
    And now with the earthquake in Alaska--so many people hurting wherever you look. So many places to give.
    No project is silly, if it makes someone happy. Looks like a very handy thing to have "hanging around." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both quilts turned out beautiful. I used to go to Morning Star and Debbie's during our northern CA quilt rush. Debbie's was still open and always had the most wonderful reproduction fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love receiving comments. To avoid sharing the increasing number of spam comments from Anonymous though, I am trying this moderation choice to see if it helps.