Friday, March 6, 2020

March 2020

Still moving kind of slow in the sewing department but look at this adorable picture of Marianne blessing my new quilt. She is doing fairly well these days and we are enjoying them with her. There's a peek of Luke sleeping in the living room, charging his batteries to go for a long run later.

One thing keeping me in the slow lane is pressing the Straits pieces.  I finally figured out a plan I can live with and am halfway through pressing and sewing the sashing to rows. It's not perfect but with some steam and my tailor's clapper that NeedledMom (Thank you, Mary!)recommended to me, I am slowly making some headway.  It's easy to find something else to do ;-)

Also in the very slow stitching department is my applique project.  This was to be machine applique but I didn't like the look so I'm doing the applique by hand. It is coming along but I'm not moving very fast.  I love Sharon's inspiration for fabric and design though so I will keep it going and hope to enjoy it finished someday soon. Here is one corner on it's way.
 We are expecting rain here soon on this dry, California coast. It's like anticipating a party here in Cambria. People get thrilled about the prospect of rain. :-)   I hope your weekend is shaping up with something happy in it.
I'll be linking this to Confessions of a Fabric Addict for the Friday shares.  Go check out the quilty inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love receiving comments. To avoid sharing the increasing number of spam comments from Anonymous though, I am trying this moderation choice to see if it helps.