Friday, July 26, 2019

New wool mat

I like to read Jo's blog at Jo's Country Junction where she sometimes reviews products and books. The post I've linked here is about a new wool mat she tried out for someone. She liked the mat and there was a link to Amazon and even a coupon good for the next few days. As it was a pretty good deal I splurged and got one too. :-)
Years ago I had purchased a mat at PIQF that was made of the same fabric used in firemen's coats. It does have a good heat reflective character that helps the pressing on both sides of the block I'm pressing...but it also seems to stay a bit hot and burn my fingers. The fabric also slips around a bit. 


Hence...as I'm sewing all these triangles onto the strippy squares,


















I'm having a better time at it with my new wool mat set up next to my sewing machine. 


















The cats will likely love this one as much as the one on my ironing board so I will need to keep it covered up when not in use :-)  
Check out Jo's blog and take advantage of the coupon if your'e interested. These mats are nice for pressing. 
Linking to Confessions of a Fabric for Addict for Can I Get a Whoop Fridays.

4 comments:

  1. I keep thinking about a wool mat...hmmmm. Maybe I should make a decision. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will enjoy that. I think my favorite pressing tool for my pieces is the wooden clapper. It is such a simple idea and really keeps things pressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my wool mat. I just bought it in January, I believe, but it makes a difference--especially on tiny blocks. If I didn't already have this size I would have ordered it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a wool mat on my wish list. Thanks for sharing your experience with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love receiving comments. To avoid sharing the increasing number of spam comments from Anonymous though, I am trying this moderation choice to see if it helps.