Monday, July 5, 2010

Block 4

All quiet on the western front here. Just some stitching and studying and walking dogs. We watched fireworks on TV and the dogs didn't even wake up for them...much better for them that way. We did celebrate with a nice dinner and peaches from the San Joaquin valley for dessert. MMMMMMMMMM!
This is my fourth completed block for the Psalms quilt. Road to Heaven for Psalm 73 I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory. Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:23-26
Ruby is just happy the celebration is over and we are back to quiet on the streets :-) We are finishing up a little quilt top for the neice and nephew today. I have a couple of blocks left over and I'm going to make a little pillow to go with it. Pics to follow eventually.
Happy Summer Y'all!

7 comments:

  1. Love your Road to Heaven block. Sounds like you had a quiet and pleasant 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your pup is doing better.... I was dog sitting for my daughter and she did not like the fire works one bit! Even when they were done and I tried to take her out before bed I had a tough time getting her out...

    Poor pooches!

    Have a great week!
    SheilaC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great scripture for today. Very uplifting. Very pretty block too. We had a dog that passed several years ago that hated thunder and fire works. I thought she would shake her self to death. I was always glad when the loud noise stopped.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your block, and your scripture too! Our new little dog did OK this year...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are moving right along on these blocks! I'm so impressed. This a nice one. I just love road to heaven! Ruby is a real cutie too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The block has a very Amish look done in solid colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Loris, was that you who won a book from Magnolia Bay Quilts blog. If so, Congrats.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love receiving comments. To avoid sharing the increasing number of spam comments from Anonymous though, I am trying this moderation choice to see if it helps.