Blackbird Sings, a pattern by Kathy Schmitz. I stitched on muslin and used Transfer Eze to follow the pattern. My stitches weren't very tight on the fabric after I rinsed out the Transfer Eze. I could live with it on most of the stitching but the lettering looked pretty bad so I took those stitches out. I penciled on the lettering and restitched them.
I pieced the frame around it and then pondered how to quilt this. I didn't want the quilting to show with the embroidery so just did enough of it to secure it and outline a bit. Then found I had leftover product that I'd used before I had a longarm...Borders Made Easy and stitched the cabled border.
This is a birthday gift for my visitor arriving later today (I need to iron it a bit!). I think she'll like it. I've already started stitching one for me :-) However, I have since heard from Debbie at Woolensails of the idea of putting a light piece of batting behind the muslin and doing the embroidery through both layers...quilting it basically at the same time. I'm too far into it I think to try that this time but will definitely try it with another piece.
I am using the Transfer Eze..or perhaps this is the Sulky's Fabric Solvy but am trying to make sure my stitches are pulled really tight. I'll have to hope it turns out like I want it too.
It is the official start of summer this week and I read that Friday, June 21st is "Take your dog to work" day. http://www.takeyourdog.com/ Fortunately, I'm not scheduled to work that day. I don't think it would work that well in the ER...though some patients might actually like it, but we're already running into each other as it is. I will have a 'stay at home with your dog' day instead :-)
Hope yours is happy!