Monday, October 28, 2013

a bit of the International at the quilt show

At PIQF, there is an international exhibit that travels from show to show. This year there were quilts from South Africa, United Kingdom, Israel, Germany and the United States as well. I focused on taking some pictures of the ones from South Africa to share with my blogging friend, Cucki who lives there. =^.^=
(Those characters are supposed to look like a cat face :-) for her sweet Maloo)
So I hope you all enjoy these quilts. The penguins have been shown before...forgot they were part of that exhibit and were a favorite.



A modern one!

Penguins :-)



I'm not sure but I think these last two were also from South Africa...didn't get a clear picture of the quilt label. Interesting couching and filled applique with the grasshopper and butterfly.  Of course, loved the rhino!



I'm not much of a traveler so it is wonderful that these quilts traveled to me :-)
Happy Monday to Cucki and Maloo and to all of you! I have a few more pictures to share later.

2 comments:

  1. Aww so sweet ..me and Maloo are super happy for this special post for us:)
    You are my dear sweet friends..
    The quilts from my homeland are so sweet..look at the cute rhino..they are our precious babies ..
    Beautiful quilts
    Thank you for sharing them dear
    Love you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing these…..so lucky to see them. The Rhino is my fav as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love receiving comments. To avoid sharing the increasing number of spam comments from Anonymous though, I am trying this moderation choice to see if it helps.