Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Hands 2 Help finish

Here's my collection of 2" squares that I have sewn together into sets over the past year as leader/ender sewing.
From this I sewed 16 patch blocks again.
And with these I used a pattern I saw sewn last year into a quilt.  And then I had fun with the quilting and stitched leaves and sunflowers allover it. The blue thread was probably an odd choice but then I am odd :-)


This will be sent off to Em for Chemo Cozies. It measures about 55" X 62" and will hopefully cheer someone faced with health challenges.
For fun...this quilt is lifetime quilt #iwishikeptcount :-)  and has 1280 pieces in it. I used Superior Threads Sew Fine and Bottom Line for the stitching. And Hobb's 80/20 for the batting.
I'm linking to Sarah's Confessions of a Fabric Addict for the Hands 2 Help charity quilt challenge.  Thank you, Sarah and Em for organizing us and getting these quilts to people who can enjoy them.


2 comments:

  1. Great leader/ender project. And beautiful quilt! I love everything goes in the pot scrappy quilts. I'm sure it will give a special person lots of comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this pattern - one of my favorites! Thanks so much for participating in H2H this year, Loris!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love receiving comments. To avoid sharing the increasing number of spam comments from Anonymous though, I am trying this moderation choice to see if it helps.