Saturday, September 28, 2019

Sage and Seaglass

It's a quilt! I was able to do the quilting right away but it took me awhile to get help with the photo documentation.  This is one big quilt!
I used a favorite panto on it called Feathered Curls. I have others that I like as well but the designs seem a little big for the smaller pieces I tend to put in quilts. So here is my Bonnie Hunter, Quiltville Emerald City that I'm calling Sage and Seaglass as most of the fabric in it is from Kim Diehl's fabric line of that name.



This picture shows the colors in the fabrics a bit clearer.

The photos are a little odd from being taken inside the house but we have some limitations for the helpers available for holding it. The backing is completely off color wise.  I backed it with this gorgeous (I think) poison green fabric that I've had for awhile. It was very fun to being able to use it here.

I really enjoyed making this.  I was so happy that I was able to learn in a class setting as the book instructions seem very different than the more 'Bonnie like' way steps that she taught.  I have launched into making my quilt from my second class of Straits of Mackinac and have found the same difference to the book instructions. It's helpful that she shares so much about how she does things in her blog posts so I can approach the book instructions with that in mind.
I'm linking this post to Sarah's at Confessions of A Fabric Addict and Em's Scrapbag :-)

7 comments:

  1. Hmmm...wouldn't Luke, Elinor, and Marianne hold the quilt straight? ;o) Love the quilt design and back you chose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are useless. HA! They claim the lack of opposable thumbs holds them back! However, they were very helpful holding the quilt down while I sewed on the binding :-)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! Both the design and the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that fabric line of Kim Diehl's. It worked beautifully for this quilt. Lovely finish (and name). :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sage and Seaglass is beautiful. The colours are lovely together, and those pieces are so tiny! Terrific finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors in the quilt. Are these Kim Diehl fabrics?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very, very pretty! Love how you showed the block all by itself to see the colors better -- gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love receiving comments. To avoid sharing the increasing number of spam comments from Anonymous though, I am trying this moderation choice to see if it helps.