Thursday, February 20, 2020

A UFO Finish

Not feeling up to picking up the Straits piecing without Elinor here, I pondered what to do.  A squirrel trail led me to Pinterest where an unrelated inspiration sparked my interest.  I saw an image and then a short video by Christina Cameli and found a design that I wanted for my Dandi Annie quilt of January last year. So Marianne and I headed upstairs to the longarm and quilted my Positively Bohemian.  Christina's design is symmetrical and consistent...mine is a far cry from that (LOL) but fortunately, it is a forgiving design that I really had a good time quilting. My DH does not love all this pink (coral) and lime green but I do!





The fabric by Robin Pickens is very fun and happy. I think she might even have a kit available (which is a better way to go than the FQ's) if you're interested. Funny, I looked back in my posts to see when I made the quilt top. I had written that for Christmas (2018), I had gifted myself the fat quarter bundle of this Dandi Annie.  Well, guess what I asked for this last Christmas... Robin's line that came out last fall, Painted Meadow.  I'm seeing a fan trend here.  HA!  I have a pattern picked out and plans but they will have to wait for awhile.  But can you blame me for wanting it?  Look at these beautiful bees!

Linking to Confessions of a Fabric Addict. See all the Friday shares!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love receiving comments. To avoid sharing the increasing number of spam comments from Anonymous though, I am trying this moderation choice to see if it helps.