Thursday, May 28, 2020

Straits and Emerald City Outside

I do not have quilt holders at present and it occurred to me that the only real large area I have for showing these HUGE quilts was my driveway.  Not an interesting backdrop but with the foggy skies we have this morning, I decided to give it a try. Marianne came out to help but was not really interested in posing. So for a finish in less than a year...I present my 2 Bonnie Hunter quilts that I started in the guild classes last June.
First class and first finished last September was my version of her Emerald City, Sage and Seaglass (named after the Kim Diehl fabric that I used for most of my fabric choices).


 

It was my second choice of the classes but became my favorite.

Next up is my Straits of Mackinac where I used mostly fabrics from Janet Clare's 'More Hearty Good Wishes' with a piece from 'Weather Permitting' on the back. With the whales and ships, a Storm At Sea pattern seemed fitting.  I purchased a fat quarter bundle of the fabric and then when the option to take Bonnie's Straits class came up, it seemed like the perfect fit. 
Though the pressing and finishing of this quilt about did in my desire to quilt (!), I'm happy to say I completed it and enjoyed some new choices for white neutrals that include the cute crabby fabric as well as some anchors and other choices. I have certainly learned a lot from making Bonnie's quilts that will hopefully inspire me in the future.










So we wish you a Happy almost end of May and pray you are all safe and healthy! I've been sewing up Robin Picken's Painted Meadow fabrics this week with all its beautiful cone flowers and fat bumble bees. Pictures coming after I've quilted it.
Linking to Confessions of Fabric Addict  'Whoop, Whoop Fridays'.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love receiving comments. To avoid sharing the increasing number of spam comments from Anonymous though, I am trying this moderation choice to see if it helps.