Monday, May 3, 2010

Monday morning and some time to sew


Marianne was nice enough to pose for me this morning :-)

And here is my giraffe in progress. Today I hope to get the horns sewn on and then I make the background. The process of making this face has seemed so difficult as my marking technique has not been very exact. I sewed in one of the eyes rather crooked and the forehead isn't very centered. But somehow it is turning how fairly reasonable...to my surprise. Which is a good thing because some of these stitches can never be undone to correct it!









7 comments:

  1. Marianne is beautiful! Your giraffe turned out cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love your giraffe...and your baby Marianne too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is Marianne doing a look but don't touch pose? Great pictures. Can't wait to see your giraffe finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I would love to have a custom button. I came here from Quilt Hollow. I really need a Quilty button that has the word Lois on it. See Lois is our guilds most expert and helpful quilter. The button would be used on the guild blog when they want to ask Lois a question... Do you suppose Hubby would make a button for our guild.... www.frederictonquiltersguild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just catching up on your posts - loved your pics of the 7 Sisters Quilt Show. Can't wait to see your completed giraffe. Pictorial quilts are in my future - need to take Nancy Brown's class to ramp up the motivation!

    Cheers!
    Margaret Powers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pics of the quilts. Janice, Black Creek primitives

    ReplyDelete
  7. The giraffe is so interesting looking. Looks like it would be hard to put together.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love receiving comments. To avoid sharing the increasing number of spam comments from Anonymous though, I am trying this moderation choice to see if it helps.