I am a bit behind here in sharing what projects I have been working on. I'm still sewing Psalms blocks, working on a large quilt with Robyn Pandolph fabrics for my mom, crocheting an afghan, and needing to get several other small quilts quilted. Last week though, I decided to make a small quilt for a co-worker going through some rough changes. Quilter's Cupboard, my favorite LQS, helped me pick out some beautiful fabrics and plan this quilt. Elinor is helping with the ironing and then also modeling the finished work.
I altered it by making only 9 blocks and shrunk the block size to 75% at that to make it even a faster project. I was pleased to get it quilted using a panto called Woodcut Camilla (sorry I can't find a link to show it to you). The fabric is so busy that you can't hardly see the quilting on it...even when holding the quilt. But it was fast and worked well with the large flowers.
My latest Psalms block is called God's Eye. We studied Psalm 139. "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made..."
And finally to some flowers. Several months ago, I planted some sunflower seeds. They sprouted only to be eaten by bugs when they were about 1-3 inches. I abandoned them. Then about 6-8 weeks ago, I noticed that more Wild Sunflowers (that was what the package had labled them) had grown up to about a foot high...and then the deer starting eating them. I put some mesh around them and they continued to grow unharmed. Now I have blooms :-)
The big yellow bushes on either side are a pungent flower that the deer won't eat. They also require very little water. Perfect for Cambria.