Tuesday, August 6, 2013

little things

Still busy here with garage re-organizing and some small remodeling but I have worked in a little stitching here and there. Quite awhile back Julie from Julie K Quilts sent me this big box of already cut triangles with some of them sewn together.  I was close to having all the blocks completed and decided to switch it up a bit and sew the last into sets of just 3. I made it just large enough to be a table runner for my computer and desk area.




 










 
 
 
And for really instant gratification! I sewed together one of those little packs of precut 2 1/2" squares from Moda of Kansas Troubles fabric. This will be a small gift for a friend. Even with tiny pieces, I loved this fabric line called Harvest Moon. While visiting the LQS today, I had to buy more :-)

5 comments:

  1. Both are very cute! Isn't it funny how much fun, and how happy, little simple projects can make us feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your project is just awesome! I love your creative mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy seeing the pieces you work on. You know that those colors are throughout my home...I'm gathering we both would be very comfortable house swapping! Lol. More rain this week here....you may want to wait on that house swap. HEE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sometimes we just need some instant gratification when it comes to quilting. both are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love most of the Kansas Troubles range - I love your little quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love receiving comments. To avoid sharing the increasing number of spam comments from Anonymous though, I am trying this moderation choice to see if it helps.