Tuesday, August 5, 2014

wild color post

I finished the wild color/plaid quilt. Found some less than exciting backing for it and loaded it on my longarm. I quilted one row and got the silly idea I should finally adjust my needle up/down positioner...Whaaaa! I messed something up in the process.

But fortunately, I got the right help :-)  Randy at A-1 diagnosed the problem, sent me instructions of how to make sure that was actually the problem and then sent me the parts to fix it. It took about a week to get it all taken care of but did not break the bank...which pleasantly surprised me. And then I got to quilting this wild quilt again.

I think it looks better in person but it is obviously not a fancy quilt. It is mostly about letting my friend know that I'm praying for her and her sister.
The quilting pattern I chose had dragonflies in it which is why I chose it. But although I am not a person for dense quilting....this pattern is sparse! It was fun to quilt and fast but I'm not sure I would use it again because of this.
Here's Elinor helping me sew on the binding...with a peek at the backing.


  1. Such lovely colors...super stunning x

  2. Hi Loris! I really enjoy seeing that you mixed plaids in and with red too! (I love red). It turned out great! Despite your sewing machine woes.

  3. Love all the stripe-y fabrics in your quilt! It's so happy and will make a great gift!


Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love receiving comments. To avoid sharing the increasing number of spam comments from Anonymous though, I am trying this moderation choice to see if it helps.