Sunday, September 27, 2015

September

Hello Autumn...I wish!  We are still having heat waves here on the central coast and it's messing with my favorite season. Hopefully October will bring on cooler temps and oh please Dear Lord, some rain. Lots of it would be a blessing!
I have been happily stitching though. I finished a quilt for my DH that he is quite pleased with...though it is so huge I'm not sure what he's going to do with it.
This is made with a line of fabric called Stonehenge and the pattern is called Smokey River. It was kit that I purchased on impulse while browsing that dangerous website called Pinterest. When I got the fabric...I wasn't excited as it looked ..um, boring or something. However, sewn up and quilted heavily, it looks a lot better to me now. It measures 76X97 and is heavy with the Quilter's Dream supreme batting that I used so I'm not making DH try to be a quilt holder with it...thus saving his shoulders from injury!
I chose a dense quilting design of fall leaves...still trying to bring on the season!
The backing is a batik from my LQS that I thought complimented the colors.
I'm zooming through my next project which is a pattern and fabric that I purchased last year at PIQF in Santa Clara. I've sewn the smaller version of this several times this year for gift quilts and one for me but this version and fabric is the one that caught my eye and started the whole thing :-)
It has lime green, sunflowers and cats in it. What's not to love!
And for some reason...all I can think about is PIQF! it's about two and a half weeks away and I'm ready to start packing already.
A week late but I'm linking to Confessions of a Fabric Addict :-)

5 comments:

  1. So beautiful,love your fabric combo.Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fell in love with Stonehenge when it first came out. I had the hardest time picking a pattern to go with it...I really like yours, very rick looking.

    I'm counting the days to PIQF. Don't know if I'll be there Sat or Sun. Hopefully we can meet up again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. I love the color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful quilt for the fall! I love the blue in it with those colors, and the backing is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love receiving comments. To avoid sharing the increasing number of spam comments from Anonymous though, I am trying this moderation choice to see if it helps.