Friday, October 9, 2015

October beginnings

October must be one of my favorite months. Even though our days are still pretty warm here, the nights are cooling and we are getting a small sense of the changing season.  It is also the month for PIQF up in Santa Clara :-)
I bought the quilt pattern I'm using here and a stack of fat quarters from A Quilter's Dream last year. I sewed the smaller version of this pattern over and over this year and have finally sewn up the larger version just in time to complete what I bought last year before heading up to find new designs.
My draw to this fabric was mostly the lime green. The cats in one of the fabrics and the sunflowers are my favorite. 
I used a grey Superior's Rainbow thread to quilt a sunflower pattern. Hobb's 80/20 for the batting which I think is my preferred batting as it leaves the quilts soft.
I'm linking to Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Whoop it up Fridays :-)
Have a wonderful October weekend everyone. Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. This is lovely. Ilike the accent color around the border and the split between the bricks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. The lime green really brings out the browns and the pattern.

    I don't think I've touched anything I bought last year at PIQF... don't think I even remember what I bought...so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an unusual pattern! I really like the way it makes my eyes travel. Great colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sunflower quilting, and the pattern of the quilt with those fabrics is really lovely too. <3 batiks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous Lois. And those sunflowers...I love them! Are they fmq? I'm visiting from Whoop Whoop. Feel free to visit my blog anytime. I'm hosting a new Saturday linky party, WHOOMP There IT Is! I'd love for you to link up next time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love receiving comments. To avoid sharing the increasing number of spam comments from Anonymous though, I am trying this moderation choice to see if it helps.