Sunday, March 11, 2018

Springing Forward into March

It took me awhile to get sewing again but last month I was able to complete a quilt that I had started with Sabra's help. We were making a little quilt to celebrate the addition of a new pup to a neighbor/friend's family. She wanted it black and white so I looked to Pinterest for a pattern inspiration and found one I'd already sewn before.  Familiarity can be helpful sometimes.  So with some cute novelities thrown in, I sewed away. Here's the quilt and the beautiful family enjoying it :-)  It will be cherished. I love sewing for pups.


Caleb, Bella and Brielle

These pups are the sweetest friends. I have another picture of them after we went walking.  Brenda got a new car and for some reason, Luke wanted to test it out! 
It is so good to have these fur creatures to comfort and cheer 💜

I finished the quilting on a little baby quilt yesterday and just need to add the binding. Here it is in progress...sideways :-/


I'll show when it's completed.  And I will get back to a couple of other projects in progress.  Today, however, is the beginning of another charity quilt season at Confessions of A Fabric Addict.  There are giveaways for participating and great tutorials starting soon for quick quilts, scrappy quilts and just plain fun inspiration.  The button is up above in the left hand corner.  Click through to see what is going on!  I have 16 patches sewn up that I think I'm going to use for a pattern I recently saw on a Missouri Star Quilt Company video. More to come on that later. 
So happy spring forward day...though I would love to be able to do away with this crazy time change.  It sure messes with the animals (and all of us)!  Spring isn't too hard on them as they LOVE to get up early but come Fall and they are not happy!  Linking to Confessions of a Fabric Addict's Whoop Whoop Fridays.

6 comments:

  1. Love your fur babies! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That will definitely be a cherished quilt. It's a great design too. Have fun with the next project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! the dogs match the quilt - love it. Ohhh...I like how you are quilting the baby quilt...I am getting ready to quilt a table topper that has similar chevrons (I know there is a fancy name for the shape but I can't think of it), I may steal your quilt design.

    Take care,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have loved that pattern from my early days of quilting (decades ago), but I have still never made one. It looks very eye-catching in black and white. Love the photo with the recipients. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilting looks lovely and hooray for you on a finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your quilts, all the fur babies, and thanks for the shout-out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love receiving comments. To avoid sharing the increasing number of spam comments from Anonymous though, I am trying this moderation choice to see if it helps.