Wednesday, April 11, 2018

April 2018

It's kind of hard to believe it's April already. It has been busy here. The furry creatures of the household have continued to give us some challenges but are doing better for the most part.  Luke likes to run around on our ranch land town park and stick his head in bushes, squirrel holes and wherever.  So though we have not encountered any rattlesnakes, Rattlesnake Avoidance Training still seemed like a good thing for him.  I was dreading it but the company we trained with, Ma and Paw Kennels, were wonderful....relaxed, skilled, gentle and offering a safe, good training session.  Luke picked up the skills to recognize the smell, sound and visual of a rattlesnake quickly and gave the reaction of avoidance they wanted to see. We are headed for a generalization and repetition course in a few weeks to promote our safety.

Marianne, my 13 year old grey long haired kitty has been diagnosed with an early stage of kidney disease. She seems to not be feeling the symptoms of this at present so I'm focusing on the prescribed diet.  To encourage her fluid intake, I splurged on a pretty water fountain from Thirsty Cat Fountains.  I was sure she would LOVE it (Ha!) but it actually took a few days till she would use it. We finally won her over though and she's a pro now. I don't have a good video of her using it but this is what it looks like.  Quiet and easy to clean. 

So any sewing or quilting has still been in the back seat.  I have finished a few small projects though. 
The baby quilt for some friends.


Another mini baby quilt with the leftovers for the Grandma to keep at her house for baby visits.

A small table runner from the black and white leftovers.

And from a recent giveaway win, I received a kit to make this cute table runner from Pam Buda. Her blog, Heartspun Quilts is showing new patterns and beautiful new fabric designs she is presenting. I especially love some of the tiny prints she includes. It was very fun to sew this up. Thank you, Pam!

Last but not least, there was a giveaway on Instagram and I won a lovely pattern from Piece by Piece Quilting.  This would look lovely with some of the fabric from Pam Buda!


I'm going get going with the quilt for Hands2Help (see button at upper left corner of this blog page) and then get back to my Lil' Orphan Scrappy.  I hope you are having a beautiful spring day!




3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that the rattlesnake class brought on the reaction they were looking for. I hope the kitty continues to do well with the diet.

    Your baby quilts are so cute and will be loved and cuddled. Congratulations on your wins. The smaller pieces are so much fun to sew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh...Luke isn't just handsome but smart also!

    Looks like you have been busy. Love the coordinating grandma quilt.

    Give Marianne kitty hugs from me. Sadly I put Siddi down a few weeks go - 5 weeks short of her 19th birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love receiving comments. To avoid sharing the increasing number of spam comments from Anonymous though, I am trying this moderation choice to see if it helps.