Tuesday, September 11, 2018

2018 September

From spring on through the summer, we have been busy with one house project after another.  Three trees removed because of this bummer of a disease the local Monterey Pine forest succumbs to, replaced skylights and added copper flashing, replaced a broken washing machine.  Exterior of the house painted, fencing added to the back fence. And then finally to have the side "dog" yard resurfaced and a wood shed built for firewood storage.

Luke wanted a sun deck.










 A little bit more yard work and we will be caught up outside. This along with dog walking and needed attention to kitties has not left a lot of energy for sewing.
But I have stolen moments here and there 😊

I have almost completed the Disappearing Nine Patch top after making it a row wider and longer. I still need to add borders to it but this is how it is looking...before pressing.  I'm still thinking about how to quilt this.



A fat quarter bundle had been percolating in the stash and was finally sewn into a Half Baked pattern that I've used a few times. The fabrics were so cute, I didn't want to lose the pictures on them.  This is going as a gift to our veterinarian family as a Thank you for all the great support and help they give our family. They recently moved from the shore to inland a ways.  This will remind them of their time by the sea.




Marianne helped me with the photo shoot.
And here's the whale backing material.
The sun back lit these photos so much. I may try to get more pictures (after it's out of the washer/dryer).

Before I get back to the longarm for some QOV work, I pulled more fabric from my stash and am sewing up a Diamond Dash quilt (by MSQC) that was inspired by Vicki in Minnesota. This will be a quilt for a young couple here getting married in November.
I am off in a couple of weeks to quilt retreat with Lynn Wilder again in the mountains. So next time, I'll be back with some good times to share.
This week, my friends on the east coast are bracing for Hurricane Florence and they are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope the storm lessens before it arrives and that everyone finds a safe place to stay. Take care, everyone!


4 comments:

  1. When you have finished in your yard, will you come do mine?
    I don't know if I have seen anyone else do that version of a D9P. I really like the way it forms the diamonds.
    Very cute gift quilt. I'm sure it will be loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all those house projects, I don't know how you could find much spare time for quilt making. Will there still be more house projects next yeaar?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm wondering if I knew you were a longarmer too. Or did I just forget! I like your half baked quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, looks like you have really been busy. Hmmmm, you have a different version of the D9P, I've never seen it before. You may have to show me how you make it at the retreat next week (can't wait). Miss Marianne is beautiful as always. Luke looks very happy about the new deck. ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love receiving comments. To avoid sharing the increasing number of spam comments from Anonymous though, I am trying this moderation choice to see if it helps.