Saturday, October 6, 2018

2018 October

The end of September had me driving to the mountains for a Sew'n Wild Oaks quilt retreat! It was a trip with some odd challenges of  Google misdirection and re-direction, a trip and hard fall, and allergies.  Fortunately, the quilt retreat itself was wonderful for meeting up with friends, getting some good sewing time, and great falafels found at a restaurant in Turlock on my safe though long driving trip :-).  I came home bruised and scraped a bit but with a completed quilt top and some blocks started for the next.
A view of the lake where we spent our days. Lovely warm, peaceful days.

And a view from my sewing spot with the cute sewing mat from Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.


A look at my Diamond Dash quilt top.


And the few more blocks for the next quilt

While there, I was able to show my finished Lil' Orphan Scrappy (Lynn's pattern) that I started at the retreat last year.
And the Disappearing Nine Patch quilt top that I worked on last month.

I have been sewing more of the blue batik blocks this week and will hope to get some of these tops quilted soon.  Before leaving for the retreat I was able to quilt two Quilt of Valor quilts for our guild but neglected to take pictures. This month's guild meeting is when we get to see the year's work before their presentation next month on Veteran's Day.
A note about my sweet kitty, Marianne.  She isn't able to tolerate the kidney food she should be eating but we started giving her some extra fluids and her lab results last week came back FANTASTIC! I feel like this is a gift from God and I am enjoying this extra time with her still eating well and living her sweet, happy life. I am so grateful!

I'm linking this to Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Whoop Whoop Fridays...even though it's Saturday ;-)  Happy Fall y'all!

4 comments:

  1. So glad to hear Marianne is doing better. Give her kitty hugs from me and Bella. Also glad your trip ended on a yummy note. I haven't touch my sewing machine since we got back, hopefully tomorrow will provide some inspiration. I think I've found some fabric that will work great for the disappearing nine patch...it just has to get in line with everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your fall!
    I love each of your projects, but especially Lil Orphan Scrappy! Isn't that the Wild Orchid fabrics?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your diamond dash looks fabulous! And I love your flying geese/strip quilt-could you share the pattern name for this-pretty please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SEW many wonderful projects!! You made some really good progress on them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love receiving comments. To avoid sharing the increasing number of spam comments from Anonymous though, I am trying this moderation choice to see if it helps.