Monday, April 20, 2009

finally able to show something




It has been a very full couple of weeks. Several days of work, 8 hours of power outtage, a birthday celebration and as always, some great walks with the dogs. The birthday found me taking me beloved Bernina 1090 in to be serviced...I think I knocked the timing off just a bit and it was making a new noise...and then onto Quilter's Cupboard where I treated myself finally to some Fig Tree fabrics. Included are some charm square packs and some luscious fabrics for borders and backing. Feeding my current lime green phase in a soft version of it.

Over the weekend, I got started on the Bento Box quilt. First, I needed to treat some of the fabric and iron it. Marianne was helping that night. I really didn't need an iron..I should have just let her sleep on it.










Onto making some blocks I found putting together the fabrics I had chosen a little challenging. Individually, they are rather different. But altogether I think it will work.




I have been sewing these blocks on my featherweight which I haven't used much.
It is a sweet little machine...but I miss my 1090S.
I keep trying to raise the pressor foot by moving my "knee lifter"..that isn't there.
I have been blessed with an assortment of machines. One of which is a Bernina 180 that I purchased long ago for embroidery. I'm very thankful I didn't 'trade in' for this machine because I find I don't really like it for piecing. It seems to suck the fabric down into the feed dogs and it just makes too much noise. It does work well for the amount of embroidery I do..which isn't very much..but am glad for other choices .








2 comments:

  1. I love your choice of fabrics. I just recently found the Fig Tree line and their web site. I also like seeing your helper, it seems like they are always in the middle of what we are trying to do. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. My little featherweight is still my choice to take to classes with me

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love receiving comments. To avoid sharing the increasing number of spam comments from Anonymous though, I am trying this moderation choice to see if it helps.