Monday, March 16, 2015

Blocks,flowers and Hands2Help

Lots of interruptions...but I have my 20 blocks sewn and will start on the sashing blocks this week. For some reason my software wouldn't let me crop this photo.
Marianne helped with the sewing.

While the sunflowers that the birds planted bloomed.
 
Next on the agenda is the yearly challenge for charity at Confessions of Fabric Addict. Quilters are signing up to make quilts, choosing a charity and sending off a quilt for someone who could use some comfort. Prizes are involved as well as the joy of joining in to a sweet effort. Sarah, our host, has added some fun ideas and tutorials for making 16 patch quilts this year. The button to lead you to her posts is in my sidebar and looks like this :-)
 Almost forgot! A big Thank you to Mary and Sue for help with my needed pattern instructions. I'm all set to sew up some Gentle Art now :-)

3 comments:

  1. I cannot believe you have sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out, Loris! And Marianne is a beauty! Where do you live that sunflowers are blooming at this time of year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like August post with sunflowers! I'm envy of your warmth. We're you able to get Gentle Art finished? Started? Thanks for sharing info about charity work. I would want to donate to cancer but haven't anything ready and client quilting. I may ask DIL this weekend though....it has been on my mind.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love receiving comments. To avoid sharing the increasing number of spam comments from Anonymous though, I am trying this moderation choice to see if it helps.