Friday, November 15, 2019

A Win and a little progress

Last month I told you all about the Autumn Jubilee going on over at From My Carolina Home.  I hope you had a chance to go check out all the inspiration. And the prizes even just for visiting!  I think it was last year when I won some LED lights for my sewing machine...that I liked so much that I bought an additional set for my longarm which work wonderfully.  This year I was kind of blown out the water again....with a gift card to Fat Quarter Shop!  Fat Quarter Shop is rather generous as I see them as sponsors to many endeavors. I'm sure many winners of their gifts have as much fun as I did! When the day came for me to do some online shopping, I felt a bit like a kid in a candy store with money to spend :-) 
My choices were some notions that I had been thinking about.  I started with the Diagonal Seam Tape by Cluck Cluck Sew.  Useful for lining up the stitching line and I may not have to draw lines for HST's. I've tried a couple other versions of these notions but they seem difficult to get out of the way of my feeddogs or stick to the presser foot and dislodge. This tape just sits in the front of the presser foot and doesn't get in the way of anything. So far so good!
 The Slotted Trimmer finally seemed useful because I started pressing triangle seams open and this is a great pre-pressing way to square them up.
Then I picked out a new seam ripper and the navy blue Splash rotary cutter...well, just because it was a fun new color :-)
And then a gift...not pictured and some fabric.  So a big Thank You! to Carole for hosting such a fun and inspirational Autumn Jubilee and to Fat Quarter Shop for their generosity and awesome product line up! This was quite a treat!


















The Straits of Mackinac quilt is still on the sidelines as I work on this table runner in the sew along with Sharon Keightley.
The quilt top with the string border is complete.
I have prepped all the 48 leaves along with the bias vines. The four little pots are cut out but the flowers are only cut out as far as cutting out the freezer paper templates and piling up some scrap choices. So hopefully I will get those prepped this week and can start the machine applique process. This part gets scarier! LOL




















Linking to Confessions of a Fabric Addict for more inspiration!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the win. I had to look up the Slotted Trimmer and the Diagonal Seam Tape, I've never heard of either...let me know how you like them. That's a lot of little pieces to be appliqued! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I like your new table runner - that will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your win. I always enjoy Carole's blog and all of her creative posts. It looks like you got a lot of really fun toys with your gift certificate. I just ordered some of that seam tape to replace my painter's tape!

    Your runner is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love receiving comments. To avoid sharing the increasing number of spam comments from Anonymous though, I am trying this moderation choice to see if it helps.