Friday, November 22, 2019

bogged down in the flowers

Life has been busy and I'm finding prepping flowers for my table runner to be a bit of a challenge.  I've only done a bit of applique and the prep is always what slows me down.  Sharon has a different technique for using freezer paper where she places the freezer paper shiny side up on the wrong side of the fabric. The edge of the fabric is then pulled over and ironed to stick to the freezer paper. So I'm not so hot at this. LOL  I tried a couple of different techniques that I've used before...hmmm, still not too good and went back to trying the way Sharon does them.  I have lots more to prep so hopefully I will improve :-)
On a different note...I read a really good book!  If you are fans of Jennifer Chiaverini,  she has a new book out in her Quilter's series that I really enjoyed. 
The Christmas Boutique brings her Elm Creek Quilters helping out at the last minute for a charity boutique to raise money for needs in their community. Jennifer's stories have been very fun reads for me and this one did not disappoint. I bought mine on Amazon.
I'm linking here to Confessions of A Fabric Addict. For inspiration, go check out the other posts. And I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving with safe travel and good people to share your gratitude with. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love receiving comments. To avoid sharing the increasing number of spam comments from Anonymous though, I am trying this moderation choice to see if it helps.