Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Autumn Bouquet progess

Here are the ShooFly blocks for my table runner.


And here is Elinor helping me with how to lay them out.


And this is as far as I've gotten with a 3" (finished size) string border.


I have made some bias strip vines to applique on the borders and today I'm picking out fabrics to use for leaves to go with them. The bias vines were fun to make as I used a Clover bias tape maker which I'd never used though I bought it about 25 years ago :-)  Better late than never.  It worked well though I think the fusible tape that I used with it may be too old to provide any adhesive when I go to apply it to the borders. 
Happy Stitching!
Linking to Confessions of Fabric Addict and Alycia Quilts go see some great inspiration there!

3 comments:

  1. Elinor has a good eye for color placement (hehehe).

    Can't wait to see the finished table topper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors in this. Looking forward to seeing the borders done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an adorable table runner with those little shoo-fly blocks. The piano key border is so subtle--very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love receiving comments. To avoid sharing the increasing number of spam comments from Anonymous though, I am trying this moderation choice to see if it helps.