Thursday, February 24, 2011

quick note here

Two Psalms blocks finished. The first is called "As watchmen wait for morning". This is for Psalm 130. "I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His word I put my hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning. Ps 130:5-6
The second block is called Morning Star and is for Psalms 143. "I spread out my hands to you; my soul thirsts for you like a parched land. Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul." 
 














I chose colors that reminded me of sunrise but I wish I'd placed them differently. This doesn't look good to me.

Underneath and to the left of where I sit at my computer is a dog bed.

For some reason, the cats have taken to sleeping on the dog beds.

Bridget is not sure what to do with this change.


9 comments:

  1. Poor Bridget, cats have a way of just taking over everybody's space.

    I like the color placement of both your Psalms blocks, and the pattern for both. Even hand piecing I would run from those Y seams and angles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh why do kitties want to claim everything as their own? Poor Bridget! Hope they come to a sharing agreement soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like both of the blocks and the second one does look like the sun rise...very nice. Kittie have a habit of going and doing as they please...they probably decided they like the bed now...who knows what they will do next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely blocks! This is going to be a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks are wonderful :) I love the pictures of your pets.....how fun! Not fun- I'm sure Bridget would say! I showed my kids this post and they enjoyed it too :) Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, those are some great blocks. Great verses too. Poor pup.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your piecing is impeccable!

    I love the way your cat's eyes glow in the header picture. We have never had a cat but my daughter used to have two. My husband does not like cats. He had a bad experience as a boy and has never wanted to have one himself. He does like to play with a cat when we visit someone with one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love these blocks, but love the bible verse even more!! Hope you are doing great!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Star looks like it could be a bit hard to piece. You do nice piecing on all your work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love receiving comments. To avoid sharing the increasing number of spam comments from Anonymous though, I am trying this moderation choice to see if it helps.