Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Not much energy here to accomplish anything after a busy weekend at work, but I am browsing many quilter blogs and seeing some lovely pictures of completed projects and am getting re-energized. The mail lady brought fabric yesterday so that I can put the binding on my batik quilt again. Next on the list is to continue the Peace On Earth blocks...and to prep fabric to make more diamonds. In the meantime, I played with my blog page a little...hope you like the changes...and am trying to add some gadgets that I like to it. Still learning computer skills here.

For pictures, I thought I would add some previous completed projects since I'm currently kind of slow getting new ones done.
One of my favorite designers is Sarah Sporrer http://www.homespun-peddler.com/cat_ij/ij-0000.htm and I have made 2 of her small wallhanging quilts so far.


The lighthouse one is a favorite..the sailboat a learning lesson in fabric choices.

I hope to make some of her BOM quilts soon.

I also hope to learn how to put links in with a name without showing the whole web address. Anyone have info on how to do that? I would love to know.

Sew, thank you for checking out my blog post today.



3 comments:

  1. The lighthouse is really nice. I have a soft spot for them since growing up I spent my summers on the beach right next to one and later was married in a chapel across the harbor! Hope things quiet down for you so you can pick up your needle again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm new to this but it's a lot of fun :) I love anything about the ocean so your lighthouse quilt is great. I think that's why I love batiks too- they remind me of the water and tidepools. Come visit again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your wallhangings. Is the lighthouse one on your coast?
    The little bug on the flowers is cute too.
    To add a link with the name: First highlight the name in your post, then go over to that person's blog and copy their blog name from the URL. (http://luckypupqu.....) Then go back to your post and up at the top with all the little symbols, when you are in compose mode it is the 5th symbol, when you move the mouse on it, it will say "link". Click on it and it will bring up a window and then you insert the blog name HIt ok and it should be there and then you can click on the font color and give it a different color than black. Hope I have not confused you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love receiving comments. To avoid sharing the increasing number of spam comments from Anonymous though, I am trying this moderation choice to see if it helps.