Tuesday, January 12, 2010

still waiting for the time to sew


The tiny baby quilt is being sent off today but not a single stitch or rotary cut has followed that finish. Instead I am learning PowerPoint and putting together a presentation on Strokes for next week's Base Station meeting...not all bad as there are handsome firemen and medics attending :-)

The funny thing though is that when I was in grad school, IBM Selectric was the big deal. PowerPoint and the Internet is quite a different playing field! Fortunately, I don't have to re-invent the wheel here and can use the wonderful information from the American Heart Association and some other stroke sites.

On a happier note...no strokes here...my mom celebrated her 88th birthday in style. And her sweet adorable dog, Ruby is still very photo worthy.

Next week however...I'm sewing!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see your Mom and her Pup are doing well. I wish you lots of inspiration and time for getting back to quilting. Hugs, Marj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emergency response folks in Massachusetts did an amazing job with my Mom when she fell this week...I can remember drawing all the presentation graphics for my Dad's presentations back in the 70's...how things have changed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Mom! She is looking great and so is the pup!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love receiving comments. To avoid sharing the increasing number of spam comments from Anonymous though, I am trying this moderation choice to see if it helps.